Primary Role and Purpose
The Tutor is responsible for tutoring and providing guidance to students in grades 7 thru 12 with professional, effective, and efficient customer service assistance to students, mentors and parents.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Math related subject or equal proficiency
- 2 years of teaching/tutoring experience preferred
- Experienced in using instructional technology and educational software
- CPR/1st Aid certified is preferred.
Background check mandatory prior to hire.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent ACT or SAT scores or a mastery of an academic subject at the high school AP level (Math)
- Problem solving abilities, and a willingness to accept responsibility
- A passion for teaching and a positive attitude
- Patience and flexibility with students with different learning styles
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and Saturdays
- Schedule varies depending on Academy’s needs. Hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday: 3:00-7:00pm and Saturday – 10:00am-2:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tutor students in Math related courses, using both individual and small group tutoring sessions
- Maintain accurate and timely records of tutoring activities through the MASIS (Maestro Academy Student Information System) program
- Create, select, and develop instructional support materials that recognize and address individual student needs
- Meet with students and parents to provide assistance that meet individual student needs
- Perform related duties as assigned
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
To Apply, click HERE for application.